We Recommend Performing Clean Boot windows, Which disable third-party services and make a clean environment where only official Microsoft services will be active. Check after Clean boot if the keyboard & mouse working properly then you need to find out which application Causing the issue. After finishing the update on the driver, check if the Delete key will work as expected. If not, go on rolling back or uninstalling the keyboard driver. Windows 10 has some problems with older drivers, and one of those drivers seems to be the Synaptics driver. Windows 10 is not fully https://driversol.com/articles/windows-store-cache-may-be-damaged compatible with this driver, which can cause your laptop keyboard to stop working after Windows 10 is installed. As a Chinese old saying goes ‘More haste, less speed’.
- If you are using any Mods, remove all the mods.
- After finishing the update on the driver, check if the Delete key will work as expected.
- You can also uninstall and reinstall drivers to get the correct ones for your keyboard.
- Apart from updating and fixing drivers, this is the ultimate solution for accelerating the PC’s overall performance.
- If the above fails, and the keyboard has remained unresponsive during the basic checks, you may have a hardware problem on your hands.
- Use Device Manager to perform this method of scanning for hardware changes.
The lack of airflow reduces the system’s cooling performance. Some laptops will shut down or suffer performance degradation from the heat in an instant. This issue can be remedied by vacuuming out the USB port.
Keyboard Won’t Work After Windows Update?
Press the key with Lock Icon on the keyboard of your laptop. Depending on the manufacturer, the key with the Lock Icon can be the Escape Key, F10 Key or another key. Once your makeshift or temporary keyboard is prepared, you ought to be able to fix the matter of laptop Keyboard not operating in Windows 10 using one in all the subsequent ways. For those who want something for gaming, you can see a lot of good mechanical gaming keyboards and backlit keyboards.
Change Power Configuration And Turn Off Fast Boot
Learn more aboutAsurion Home+ coverageand how you can get peace-of-mind device protection. While this feature can stop you from accidentally entering keys you don’t want to, it can also cause general typing issues. Your keyboard may be unresponsive because of a driver issue.